Reblogged from: funnyordie
15 Pieces of Career Advice that Every College Grad Must Know
It’s a tough climate out there. But don’t despair! Here’s a list of tried-and-true job-hunting tips to give you a leg up on the competition:
- Don’t lie on your resume. (That was a lie. Definitely lie on your resume)
- Dress for the job you want, not the job Gotham deserves.
- Leave embarrassing details off your resume, like a silly email address, or the fact that you went to Arizona State.
- If at all possible, be a white guy whose dad has a lot of connections.
- Apply for jobs on Craigslist. If you get an interview, report that person to the police ‘cause they’re definitely a murderer. Maybe the police will hire you!
- Salaries should always be negotiated by writing a number on a piece of paper and sliding it across a table.
- For networking events, “I’m not old enough to remember 9/11” is a good icebreaker.
- If you crush the cans you can carry more in your shopping cart.
Click here to read more
How do.college grads not remember 9/11? I remember it and I was just in 1st grade
29 May 2014